Monday 2 March 2015

Work Diary - Shoot 6

Evaluation:
In this shoot I decided to make it look like there was more of a struggle while the stabbing was happening and I also made it look like there was a struggle to stop the wound from bleeding. This shot was fairly easy because the props I needed to make it look like a struggle were already in my sisters room e.g. the broken mirror and the purse with money in it.
In this I covered a knife with fake blood and slowly stabbed though the empty t-shirt from the inside and then got my model to put it on. This made it look like the person was bleeding from there skin because of the way the blood seeped from the hole in the clothes. This made it look like a real stabbing had occurred and also added to the effect of the photo itself.
In this shoot I decided to take both close-up shots and mid level shots. This is because it shows a close-up of the wound and also shows a shot of the whole body looking limp and lifeless which adds to the affect of the photo.


Here we have the victim trying to stop the bleeding with their hand and starting to get blood on the t-shirt. This was open of the more successful shots of the shoot this was because the angle at which I took the photo and the shadow on the stab wound actually makes it look like the person was stabbed and that they were bleeding heavily. The other thing I like about this shot is the fact that the person has their hand over the wound and that is also cover in blood. I think that that adds to the effect of the image and makes it look more real. When i was editing this photo I decided to increase the shadows in the image because I think that it adds to the affect of the image and how people view the photo.

Here we can see the struggle with the broken mirror and the purse with the money in it. This images shows some of the stubble the victim underwent in the process.

Progression:
In my next shoot I want to do some more phycological images to make it more interesting. An example of this would be writing "REDRUM" on a door and seeing the reflection in the mirror or writing something in large amounts of blood on a mirror or public place. In the next shoot I want it to affect people of a phycological level and have a large impact on the way they view the photos. I think that this would be an interesting thing to do because it would have a slightly more permanent effect on the way people view things.

Here we see the "REDRUM" image from "The Shinning" which in a mirror  spells "MURDER".

Here we see someone writing "HELP ME" in blood with two hand prints .

No comments:

Post a Comment