Thursday 30 April 2015

Work Diary - Shoot 9

Evaluation:
In this topic I decided to get a person in a blue boiler suit and then got them to wear a gas mask while holding lots of different types of tools. I decided to make it look like the person in the boiler suit was coming after me with the different types of tools. I had the model make it look like they were first swinging it at me and then made them have it look like it was just about to hit me while I had the camera pointing at the tip of the weapon with only that in focus and the person behind out of focus. This made the person look like they were about to murder me holding the camera which I think makes it look rather interesting.
The main point of the shoot was to have the person look like they were threatening me with the weapons because it makes it rather interesting. The main reason behind this was to make it look like I was being attacked and to make it seem like I was the victim and it looks like it was though the eyes of the victim being attacked.

Here we see that I have added a black veneer to the edge of the image. This was because even when I decreased the exposure and added some noise and changed to contrast it was still to bright so by adding the veneer it makes the image seem a lot darker then it already is. This worked very well I think because the image is dark and also because of the veneer it makes the viewer focus on the face of the murderer and also the 4 spikes in the murder tool in front of their face. 

Here we see the murderer in mid swing at the camera making it seem like the viewer of the image is actually being attacked by the gas mask psychopath. Also in this image we see that there is no veneer like the one above because some clouds moved in front of the sun so it was easier to make it darker when editing.
Progression:
For my next shot I decided to have the same person waring the same gas mask standing in the shadow of the tree line holding a knife. I thought that this would make a rather interesting image because it is a rather horrific image. Also along with the images of the person lurking in the shadows I want to have a flash to only light up everything before it actually reaches the person. This is because it adds to the affect of the person lurking in the shadow. I think that this image would be rather interesting because it adds an element of mystery to image which makes it really interesting to do. Another reason I think that it is an interesting thing to do is because in the images you can only make out their outline.

Here we see the person is against a wall in the shadows and you can only make out their outline which makes the image seem rather mysterious because you can't really tell much about the person. From the image all we can tell is the person is wearing a hat and thats about it. This makes the image rather interesting because it allows the viewer to make their own assumption on what the image is and what the person looks like. This adds to he fun of the image because by doing that you can make it even more mysterious. Also this image was made in to black and white because it makes the person look like they are in more shadow and also helps to hind any features of them. 
In this image we can see a blurred out person on the edge of the shadows blocking a path. This image much like above acts in the same way in that you can make lots of your own opinions of features of the person and because it is also blurred that removes any more of the features that a person has meaning that even more assumptions on the image can be made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment