Thursday 30 April 2015

Work Diary - Shoot 10

Evaluation:
For this shoot I decided to go into the forest with the same boiler suit and gas mask whilst holding a knife. I had lights set up on the side at first to have a side flash on the person so that only part of them was seen. I then decided to have the flash on the camera and have the person on the edge of the flash so all you could see was their shadow. I have also decided that the person will be holding a reflective knife in one hand. This means that we will see silhouetted figure and then when you follow along their body you will see a massive knife. I believe that this will make a great image because it will put fear into people and make them scared.
I believe that these images will also have a certain level of mystery to them and will make people feel curious about what the person looks like. From this I will also have images of them slowly leaving the shadows so people can tell what they look like and also make to scared because it will seem like the person is walking up to the viewer because the person is walking to the camera slowly.

Here we see a black and white image of the axe murderer. I have cropped the image slightly to the tilt to the right because it makes it look the the person holding it has dropped it and the camera has continued to take photos of the person silhouetted in the forest.  

Here we see a close-up of the mask the murderer is wearing with the background shadowed and only a tree lit up to add to the affect. I also had an offset light shining up at the mask and then in edit changed it to look blue because I believe that it makes the image more interesting and adds to the affect of the mask.

Progression:
In my next shoot I would like to do some more silhouetted piece but less on humans and more on animals silhouetted because I think that it would make a rather interesting image. I believe that even though trying to use animals in this way would be rather hard to set-up I still believe that it would make a rather interesting photo and still be worth the pain of setting it up. This is because the images I would get would be very strong images and be extremely interesting.

Here we see an elephant that is silhouetted against a sunset in Africa.  This is a rather interesting image of  an elephant and also haas an interesting affect on the viewer. I believe that this is a rather interesting way to take a photograph of an elephant which is also rather creative to photograph animals in Africa.

Here we see the same sort of image as above of a lion that has been photographer at a rather cloudy image with the sunsetting and the silhouette of the lion on a hill. The image itself is rather creative because it only shows us the basic outline of the lion and gives us no detail. This means that there is an element of mystery to the image itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment